MAST UPDATE #7
SATURDAY, October 30, 2021
Dear MAST Athletes, Parents, and Coaches:
Registration is closed. I feel badly about needing to turn away students, but we have reached capacity and then some.
We are welcoming 44 new skiers onto the team. We have a lot to do in the next two weeks to be sure we are ready to ski the moment Hyland is open. EVERYONE needs to read these updates closely and take any action requested immediately.
1. Open the attached roster and look for your name. Make sure that your name appears under either columns J/K or N/O and the the information communicated is accurate. Let me know TODAY if anything is inaccurate
2. Are you set up with race equipment: skis, boots, poles, helmet, goggles, protective gear, socks, jackets, snowpants, tuning equipment....If not, you have two weeks to get these things together. Equipment is still available on the website.
3. Register with MPS Athletics. Deadline: November 1. If you wait longer, you are at risk of not being cleared by your AD to start practice on November 15. The ADs have to clear HUNDREDS of students before they can start practicing. This takes time on their part. You can't just waltz into the ADs office on Nov 13 with all the forms and expect to be cleared over the weekend. So, get this done now.
WARNING TO VARSITY ATHLETES: ANYONE NOT CLEARED BY NOVEMBER 15TH WILL BE INELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION FOR ENTRY IN THE WILD MT INVITATIONAL ON DEC 17.
4. Don't forget to sign up for Concussion Baseline Testing on Nov 3 at SW, Washburn, South, and Roosevelt or Nov 4 at SW and Washburn only.
5. Don't forget to attend the MAST Full Team Orientation on Sunday, November 7th at 5PM. Look for an invitation and link in your MPS email and calendar this week. Parents, please watch the Orientation with your athlete.
6. Be sure to attend the Season Pass Pick Up on Monday, November 15 from 6-7PM at Hyland.
7. Dryland begins Tuesday, November 16 from 4:30-6PM at Washburn Stadium. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY.
8. Sell Urban Ventures Coffee and MinneSalsa Salsa to raise money for supplemental training, camp, apparel, banquet and possible lift tickets for away races.
9. Get your equipment and ski clothing organized. Try everything on to make sure it fits. Have it ready to go and use on short notice.
10. Watch for an email this week inviting you to set up a Sprongo Account for yourself. If you are returning athlete, open your Sprongo account and watch some of your more recent videos. Take notes. Analyze your skiing and set some early season goals for yourself.
If you don't know how to accomplish any of the above, consult our website. Everything you need to know and do is posted there.
Two weeks to lift off. Are you ready?
Enjoy your weekend. It is a beautiful day. Go exercise. That's what I'm going to go do.