Minneapolis Alpine Ski Team (MAST) is open to Minneapolis Public School students in grades 7 through 12 who would like to be part of a MPS high school alpine ski team. All ability levels are welcome. Learn to ski. Learn to race.
MAST 2020-21 Season
The MAST coaches and board of directors are working hard to plan for the 2020-21 alpine season, knowing that the pandemic will not be over and that we will need to do many things differently going forward. To help with our planning, we would like to hear from those who would like to join MAST for the 2020-21 season. If you will be entering grades 7 through 12 this fall at a Mpls public school and are interested in learning more about MAST, we invite you to fill out a short form. This will not only get you on our mailing list, but will help us out greatly as we plan for our 21st season of high school alpine racing.
MAST New Athlete Contact Information Form
This Fall, MAST is conducting a series of Webinars to help educate our athletes and families about ski racing, equipment, ski tuning, the MAST program, our video sharing service Sprongo, technique and tactics and more. Click Here to learn more about our webinars and how you can participate.
NOW COLLECTING: MPS MAST ATHLETE STUDENT EMAIL ADDRESSES
All returning and prospective MAST Athletes are asked to fill out a short form that will supply us with your MPS Student Email Address, the one that ends in @mpsedu.org.
MAST Athlete MPS Address Form
Here is why this is so important. This year, we will not be holding our normal line up of pre-season orientations and preparation meetings. Instead, we will be going online. We will be hosting these webinars via the MPS Google Meets Account. For this to work, we need to collect the Minneapolis Public School email address of each MAST athlete. Please click on the link below and complete this short form. We will be using your MPS email address to invite you to the meetings.
To learn more about how to access the webinars and the dates and topics of the webinars, please click MAST Webinars.
Fall Mental Training
When you are busy all winter splitting your time between skiing and studying, there is little time left over to to keep up with all the ski racing video that is posted on the internet. There are many sites that offer excellent technical and tactical insights into the sport. Fall is a great time to study our sport in great depth. And if you need a dose of inspiration to get outside and work on your strength and conditioning, perhaps a few minutes watching some world class skiing will do the trick.
Visit our Mental Training Page for links to helpful videos related to ski racing and peak performance.
Is anyone from your household NOT receiving MAST Updates who should be? Is so, Sign up to receive MAST Updates HERE. To read MAST Updates from the season, CLICK HERE.
A big thank you to our sponsors!
Registration-- Opens October 10
To register to ski with the Mpls Alpine Ski Team, you will need to complete a two-step registration process.
Step 1: Register with MAST. This is done online and will open in early October. For now, if you are new to MAST, please fill out the NEW Athlete Contact Information Form that is linked above. This will ensure that your family will receive all MAST email communications for the 2020-21 season.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER WITH MAST
Step 2: Register with MPS. COMING IN MID-OCTOBER. Compete and sign the MPS/MSHSL Winter Sports Forms and submit these to your HIGH SCHOOL'S Athletics Department. Please DO NOT REGISTER WITH MPS ATHLETICS USING ITS ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS. THIS WILL ONLY CAUSE CONFUSION AND DELAY. The high schools are not yet accepting the Winter Sports forms. You will receive an email from MAST when it is time for you to submit your MPS/MSHSL forms to your high school athletic director. If you are new to high school athletics, you can start working on completing the 2020-21 Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Form. Note that this form needs to be filled out and signed by a qualified medical care provider (i.e., your athlete's physician for instance.).
1. Register with MAST when you are certain you want to become a member of the 2020-21 Mpls Alpine Ski Team.
2. Purchase a 2020-21 Hyland Season Pass if you have not done so already.
3. Fill Out The Equipment Swap Sale Form if you would like to sell any equipment or clothing at the MAST Equipment Swap that has been moved ONLINE.
4. Participate in the MAST Fall Fundraisers.
MinneSalsa Sales Fundraiser
Urban Ventures Coffee Sales Individual Fundraiser
5. Provide us with you MPS email address so you can participate in MAST Webinars. Fill out the form HERE.
6. Participate in the MAST Pre-Season Webinars, including the Fundraiser Webinar on Thursday, October 22 at 7PM. Click HERE for more information.
7. Schedule a sports qualifying physical exam with your medical provider and have him/her complete and sign the 2020-21 Sports Qualifying Physical Exam Form.
8. Get your equipment lined up. Make sure everything still fits and is in working condition. Make sure your skis are tuned and have a nice layer of wax soaking into the bases during the Fall months. Check out our Equipment pages above for detailed information about the equipment you need, how to buy used, new, and online, and much more.
9. Utilize the MAST Summer Strength and Conditioning Program for your Fall Strength and Conditioning Program. Click Here for more information.
10. Stay safe. Practice social distancing. Wear a mask when in public. Wash your hands frequently.
11. Be an awesome member of your family. These are difficult times and we need to keep each other's spirits up.
MAST In The News!
Luke Conway places FIRST and Elsa Peterson places THIRD at the MN State High School Alpine Championships. Read the StarTribune story HERE and HERE.
Luke Conway is named the Star Tribune Metro Boys' Alpine Skier of the Year. Check out the story HERE.
Luke Conway earns StarTribune Metro Player of the Week honors. Read about it HERE.
Luke Conway and Elsa Peterson are victorious at the Afton Invitational on January 24, 2020. Read about it HERE.
Check out this article about MAST at the State Meet in the Southwest Journal. Mpls Skier Fare Well At State
And here is an old article about MAST from 2010. Powered By Gravity