Good Morning Athletes, Parents and Coaches:
A few last minute notes about today's race at Welch.
1. My wife told me this morning that Welch does not take cash. If you plan to purchase Welch food or drink, be prepared.
2. I have heard from some parents and athletes that they will be riding home with a parent. Please confirm this with the coach who is riding your bus so we don't leave anyone behind at the end of the day. If enough athletes are riding home with a parent, we may send the SW bus home after drop off to save the district some money.
3. When you unload the bus, pull your skis out of your ski bag and leave the bag in the trailer of the WASHBURN BUS.
4. Use the storage lockers in the chalet to store your boot bags/back packs. Do not leave any bags under the tables or against the walls. Welch is very picky about this.
5. When not in your skis, store your skis in a ski rack. No skis are to be left in the snow.
6. I believe Welch is still using lift tickets that attach to your clothing using a plastic zip tie. Welch has informed us that we need to be wearing a lift ticket to ride the lift and that if we are caught without a lift ticket we will be fined $200. So, either attach the lift ticket to your GS suit or arrange to have a teammate carry your jacket down for you. Don't stress about this. We will help each other out as we always do. Just don't ride the lift without your ticket.
All athletes will need to pick up your lift ticket at the ticket window. Last year we picked up our tickets at the indoor ticket window in the lower level of the chalet. I assume that this is the case this year. Welch wants to verify that it is you who is receiving the ticket and that your waiver has been signed.
Warm Up and Inspection
Once you have your lift ticket, go out and warm up. Hopefully, we will have a coach on the top directing you, but if we don't, take your first run on Long Way Home. Wedge turns. Edge sets. Outside ski to Outside Ski. Keep your speed under control.
By the time you get back to the top, a coach should be there to direct you on your second warm up run.
At 4:25, meet your coach at the top of the course for inspection.
Paige: SW Girls.
Matthew: Washburn Boys.
Luke: Washburn Girls.
Andreas: MAST Boys
Mark: MAST Girls
Finally, here is some technical and tactical advice for you to consider while inspecting and mentally preparing for your runs tonight.