Attached are three important items for those of you attending the Section IV Championships tomorrow.
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to work the race.
We still need to supply a BOYS gate judge for the morning run and a GIRLS gate judge for the afternoon run. Please sign up here:
Latest email from Meet Manager Joe Dalman.
I spoke again today with Wild Mtn and they have confirmed that they will ensure that we have the snow depth for us to race at Wild so no change in location. I did speak with Afton and Adam and they where very helpful in using them as a plan B but based on communications with Wild and there ability to still hold the section 4 race I felt it was better to stay with what was planned. I CC the Jury on the email and I know race crew along with the coaches of this section will work to ensure we do the best we can to provide a fair race for all athlete's. I want to go over our plans for the day in regards to slipping and salting and some reminders. I also attached the Spreadsheet with 3 tabs and the Bib numbers with run order for the day. I'll have a copy in each of your packets with bibs and athlete lift tickets at registration in timing Wednesday morning.
This will be the process for each race run.
1. Course setters and crew will set course
2. Race Crew will salt race track after set
3. Course will be open for inspection roughly 30 minutes after salting. Remember extremely important that all athlete's know what a vertical slip is and race line should not be slipped but in and out of course to view gates. Let's really ensure that all athlete's are doing a vertical slip during inspection.
4. After inspection is closed whatever coaches can be at the top of the hill to slip after inspection is closed would be a big help.
5. Race crew will salt one more time after inspection closes and try for 30 more minutes to let salt set.
This does mean timelines on the schedule might change some based on letting salt set but we will take the time to ensure we allow it to set and try to get the best track we can for racing Run 2 will follow the same process.
Some other reminders: Remember once race starts race arena is closed to everybody but race officials and jury members. No one should be in the arena unless part of the race crew. I will allow coaches that want to help slip to be in the arena but they should only be in the arena to help slip and must always being looking up hill at all times and no communication with gate judges are anyone on the hill.
Also teams that have course worker I want to make sure that they are meeting with Chief of courses once inspection opens up 1st run. I'll speak to Dan and Jeff to make sure they meet with course workers top of hill at the start of inspection.
Thanks again for your continued support and I know with the efforts of this group and the trying conditions we can still do the best we can to give the athlete's the best change they can have to make it to the MN State Meet.