Missing stuff; Jan 16th race intentions, volunteer race worker positions for Monday, alternates for Friday
Good Afternoon MAST Families and Coaches:
1. Missing goggle lenses. A couple of nights ago Elsa Addy's spare lenses for her goggles walked away from the table in the chalet after practice. They were in a small bag. If anyone finds her spare lenses, please let me know or reach out to Elsa directly.
2. Rory Madden's ski poles also walked away from the rack after the race on Monday. If you find yourself with the wrong poles, please contact Rory's mother Tricia: 612-810-3435. Rory's name is on the poles.
3. Erik Hemer lost a sweatshirt the other day as well. See the attached picture. Please let Erik know if you found it.
4. Attached is a spreadsheet of the athletes on the team. You can see that the spreadsheet lists those who have indicated their race intentions for Monday's race at Wild Mt. If you scroll to the bottom, you will find a long list of athletes who have not stated their race intentions for Monday. If your name is listed there, please state your intentions today before 9PM. This is the last call I will make for Jan 16th race intentions.
Jan 16th MEC Race #2 Race Intentions Sign UP
5. Jan 13th Welch Invite and Alternates and Transportation Home.
a. Alternates: If you were listed as an alternate for the race on Friday at Welch Village, you are welcome to join us for the day. You can cheer on your teammates, carry down jackets, and be part of the festivities. You can learn a lot by watching. And you just might be called into actions. IF YOU ARE LISTED AS AN ALTERNATE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING THE RACE OR STAYING IN SCHOOL THAT DAY.
And if you are coming to the race, you might get called into action, so be sure to sign the Welch Waiver (actually your parents need to sign it).
Complete Welch Waiver Here
B. Riding Home With A Parent: Thank you to those who have told me that you will be catching a ride home from welch with a parent. If you will be riding home with a parent, please send me a short email to let me know. I want to send one of the buses home after dropping us off so that the district can save some money. That should help them close the $30,000,000 deficit.
C. Jan 16th Race Workers:
The Jan 4th MEC Race was canceled. We were asked to fill the following race worker roles for that race. We almost filled them all. Here is what that looked like:
Start Ref Girls: Kirsten Moertel
Start Ref Boys: ??
Gate Judge Boys: Terry White
Gate Judge Girls: Bill Bray
Gate Judge Girls: Jeremy Graff
Course Maintenance: Dimitri Drekonja, Steve Moore, Mike Rulf
Can each of you let me know if you are willing and eager to work the race on the 16th at Wild? And if anyone else would be willing to work the race on Monday, please reach out to me. You can either plug in for any of the aforementioned volunteers who are unable to work this race or we might need to fill one more gate judging position and we certainly need to fill one more start ref position and two if Kirsten is unavailable. We can hold you on the reserve race worker team.
email or text: firstname.lastname@example.org. 612-275-8392
Finally, there will be practice at Hyland from 5-7:15 for athletes who are not racing on Friday at Welch. Athletes from ALL Pods are invited, not just those from Pods 10 and 9.
Only one mistake in the last email. I am improving, just like all of you.