Hello Again MAST Families:
A couple of quick updates.
1. Attached is a roster of athletes who are registered for GR. If everyone stays the course, we are full in the girls' cabin and nearly full in the boys'. If anyone decides that they would like to attend camp, please reach out to me. I will start a waiting list for the girls and can probably add two more boys at this point. I always have more male coaches attending and we need coaches so I may be more limited on bed space on the boys' side than I am on the girls' side.
2. Fundraising account credits have been entered into your SportsSignUp accounts. If you were waiting to pay for camp using account credits you should be able to do this yourself. If you have trouble doing it, give me a call or email me. I can help, or I can just do it for you. https://minneapolisalpineskiteam.sportssignup.com/
3. We are trying to charter a coach bus on our own to transport athletes to Wild Mt. I will let you know if and when this is confirmed. It looks promising. Athletes will need to catch a ride home with their own parents or with someone else's parent.
4. If your name was on the list of competitors or alternates for the Wild Invite, please let me know if you are UNABLE to attend the race. I may also be asking you to tell me how you will be getting home from Wild if we follow through with the bus charter TO Wild. More to come.
5. MN SKI AREA ASSOCIATION COMPETITION WAIVER
Some time ago I asked everyone to go online and complete a competition waiver for the MN Ski Areas Association. Attached is a team roster that is tracking which athletes and coaches have completed the waiver.
If you are going to Wild Mt on Friday, you need to have a YES next to your name in Column C. If you do not have a YES next to your name, then please complete the waiver today.
Race Waiver link
If you are not going to Wild Mt, you may be racing at one of the two races we have at Welch this year. If you do not have a YES next to your name, please complete the waiver today.
Welch Waiver Link
If the waiver asks for you to list your team name, enter Mpls Alpine Ski Team.
I am told by the Wild Mt staff that the Wild waiver is recognized at Welch, and that the Welch waiver is recognized at Wild. Let's hope that is true.
Thank you for getting this done. Coaches, please fill this out as well. Even if your name is not listed in the spreadsheet. My guess is that this will need to be completed in order to compete at Wild in January.
Warning: there will be yet another waiver to complete if you are competing at Afton. Vail corporation has its own unique waiver. Wait 'til you read it. No contingency is missed. I think there is a clause in there that covers Vail if an asteroid strikes you during competition or training.
As you can see, the life of a head ski coach is not glamorous and seems to be straying further and further away from actual coaching every year.
See you soon, where I get to do what I enjoy doing most... making you an awesome skier.
Comments are closed.