Family Roster and Athlete Retreat Instructions (read this before the retreat so you know what to do and bring)
Good Morning MAST Athletes, Parents and Coaches:
1. Attached is a 2023-24 MAST Family Roster. Please respect people's privacy and use this information only for purposes related to MAST (forming car pools, mentoring new families, seeking out mentors, following up with relationships you have created, etc.). We are waiting for Hyland to announce our lane assignments. Once we have this information we will be able to establish which age groups and teams are practicing when and where. And once training times are established, I will send out a calendar in spreadsheet form and we will update the Team Snap and Google Calendars.
2. Tomorrow is our RETREAT.
9AM-Noon: 11th and 12th Grades
1-4PM: 7th through 10th Grades
Location: The Ski Jump Chalet at 84th Street and Chalet Road.
As was announced at practice yesterday, we are asking athletes to BRING the Following:
1. Laptop or Smartphone (returning athletes only; first year MAST skiers do not need to bring a laptop or smartphone).
2. On your laptop or Smartphone, DOWNLOAD a video of yourself skiing from last season (this applies to returning skiers only; obviously rookies don't have any video yet).
3. Camp chair or folding chair of some sort (for you to sit in).
4. Water bottle.
5. Notebook and pen.
6. Wear athletic clothing and sturdy athletic shoes (yes, we might be moving outside a bit) plus jacket, hat and gloves in case it is chilly.
7. A desire to engage, learn, meet new people, set yourself up for success.
Seniors: don't forget to email or text me if you are staying for the afternoon session.
By the way, thank you for your hard work and enthusiasm this week. You are off to a good start. I am already seeing measurable improvement in your balance, footwork, and movement patterns.
Get a good night of sleep. We will be working hard tomorrow.