I want to begin by saying thank you for your tremendous cooperation this fall as we have tended to the tedious business of registration, fundraising, equipment procurement and, for those who are new, trying to understand the sport of alpine skiing. Well done. And thank you to the many parents who have so generously given their time and energy to the administration needs of our team. A special thank you to our Treasurer Drew Lamosse for the amazing work he has been doing organizing our financial records, preparing IRS reports, and tracking payments.
- Website is updated. Please check it many times a week from today forward.
- If you have not submitted the MPS/MSHSL forms to your high school athletic director, please do so immediately. You can find information about the registration process with your high school on our website, as well as links to forms.
- If you have not paid your season pass fee, team fee, or MPS activity fee: please do so this weekend. The season pass fee is $419; the team fee is $150; and the MPS activity fee is $60. No season pass will be issued on Monday without full payment of the season pass fee. Checks should be made payable to MAST for the season pass and team fees; to MPS for the activity fee. All checks should be delivered to the home of our team Treasurer, Drew Lamosse at 4928 Washburn Ave. S.
- Concussion Baseline Testing: if you have not taken the concussion baseline test this year or last year, you have one last chance to do so on Monday, November 14 at 4:30PM in Room 107 at Southwest HS. All 7th and 8thgraders need to take the test ANNUALLY. Everyone else needs to take the test every other year. If you suffered a concussion last season, I would like you to re-take the test so that you have an updated baseline test on file.
- Fundraise for YOURSELF: Sell CityKids Java to raise money to send yourself to camp or supplemental training sessions. If you haven’t started yet, check out our website for information on how to get started: http://www.mplsalpineski.org/ or download the attached CKJ documents.
MAST Parent Social: Sunday, November 13, 3:00-6PM
Do not miss the MAST Parent Social hosted by Tom Fraser and Mary Strand at 4882 West Lake Harriet Parkway.
Please bring something to share, a beverage, hors d’oeuvres or dessert. This is a great opportunity to meet other MAST parents, tell stories, find answers to your questions, complain about the length of my emails…and much more. Thank you Tom and Mary for hosting.
Season Pass Photo Night: Monday, November 14, 7PM at Hyland.
This should take no longer than one hour. So, please arrive between 7 and 7:20 to get your season pass picture taken. You will be able to take your pass home with you that evening.
Please DOWNLOAD this Hyland Waiver. Print the Waiver. Fill out the Waiver. Have your parents SIGN the Waiver. Bring the Waiver Monday night to Hyland. Hyland will not release the pass until a Waiver is submitted. If you cannot make it out to Hyland on Monday, you can pick up your pass anytime during Hyland business hours. Just go to the counter in the main chalet and give the attendant your name and tell her that you are with the Mpls Alpine Ski Team and your pass is already paid in full. Bring my phone number with you in case you have any problems... but I don't anticipate you will.
Dryland Begins Tuesday, November 15, 4:30-6PM at Washburn.
It is time to get our bodies prepared for the speed, angles, and g-forces of alpine skiing. You need strength, agility, balance, endurance, quickness, and power to become an excellent ski racer. You also need technique. So even though we are not on snow, the coaches will be teaching you about ski technique in dryland. We expect you to attend. Wear athletic shoes and clothing, LAYERS of athletic clothing. Arrive BEFORE 4:30PM so you are ready to go at 4:30PM. Dryland is scheduled Tuesday through Friday next week and then Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. It does not appear that we will be skiing the week of Thanksgiving so you will then have five days off (Wednesday-Sunday).
Dine for MAST at Galactic Pizza on Tuesday, November 15!Order pizza from Galactic Pizza between 11 a.m. and midnight on Tuesday, November 15, to raise funds for MAST! Include GALACTIC PIZZA DINE FOR DOLLARS FLYER with your payment and Galactic will donate 25% of your tab to MAST. Offer valid on dine-in, delivery or takeout. Don't forget to bring the flyer: dine_for_dollars_flyer.pdf
MAST Retreat: Saturday, November 19, 8AM-5PM at Welch Village.
Meet the bus AT WASHBURN at 8AM.
What: The captains will be leading some team building activities and the coaches will be leading a variety of workshops throughout the day on such topics as: introduction to ski racing (for new athletes), technique, tactics, mental training, ski tuning, alpine rules, race day preparation and performance, and much more.
Sack lunch and water bottle.
Suggested $10 donation (cash or check) to cover the cost of the bus.
Layers of clothes, jacket. Athletic shoes. We will go outside and run around a bit.
PLEASE RSVP-- Follow this link to ACCEPT or DECLINE this invitation to attend the MAST Retreat: MAST RETREAT REGISTRATION.
Car Pools and MAST Calendar
MAST does not provide transportation to Hyland training or dryland practices. MAST families have formed car pools over the years to get athletes safely to and from practices. To help families facilitate the formation of car pools, I will send out an abbreviated roster on Sunday morning with the names and addresses of athletes and parents, schools, grade, and email/phone contact information. If you want me to WITHHOLD your family information, please contact me directly at email@example.com.
Also, I will send a MAST Master Calendar in excel spreadsheet form. We will also add a button on our website that will allow you to download our calendar to your electronic devices. Thank you to John McCreary for your assistance setting up this service.
We need cold weather… in the meantime. Exercise your body.
See you Monday at Hyland. Call or email me if you have any questions.