Due to the rain AND the forecasted freezing temps that roll in around 5 in the morning, I am canceling our practice for tomorrow (Monday) morning. I do not like canceling practices, but there is a strong chance that the driving conditions first thing in the morning will be treacherous. Stay until we know that the roads are safe for travel.
IF Hyland will allow us to training in the evening and if we have available coaches, I MAY hold a practice from 5-7:30PM on Monday. Otherwise, here is the rest of the schedule for Week 7. Note that we will be meeting on the South Chair for some directed free skiing on Tuesday and Friday. We will also ski gates those days but we need to continue to develop our technical skills.
- Tuesday, Dec 27, 9AM-12:30PM On Snow Training at Hyland. Meet on South Chair at 9AM.
- Wednesday, Dec 28, 7:45-10:30AM On Snow Training at Hyland. Meet on North Chair.
- Wednesday, Dec 28, 2:45-10:30PM: Supplemental Training at Welch Village. Meet at Washburn HS at 2:45PM. SIGN UP HERE.
- Thursday, Dec 29, Race vs Jefferson, Mound-West-Tonka, AHA at Hyland. 3PM Warm Ups; 4:30PM Race Start. SIGN UP HERE.
- Friday, Dec 30, 9AM-12:30PM On Snow Training at Hyland. Meet on South Chair at 9AM.
- Saturday, Dec 31, 7:45AM-10:30PM On Snow Training at Hyland. Meet on North Chair.
Race results for the Wild Mt Invitational and the North-South Classic at Giants Ridge were provided via email and will be available shortly on the Race Results page.
I want to take a moment and THANK EVERYONE who helped make the camp at Giants Ridge extremely productive and enjoyable: coaches, parent volunteers and athletes. Also, a BIG thank you to everyone who attended the Wild Mt Invitational on Friday and to those who set up tents, built fires, brought and prepared food, served food, cleaned up, and transported athletes. It was a great day. Congratulations to Rachel Tanner and Logan Griggs for their strong performances. Logan finished fourth and Rachel finished ninth. The field consisted of over 160 boys and 160 girls. The SW girls finished just off the podium in fourth place. A very good showing, but they have a lot more speed in them. I will offer more thoughts about camp and the Wild Mt Invitational in a more detailed email tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for a fantastic six weeks together. We are off to a great start. Keep working hard. Watch and TAG Sprongo video tomorrow since you won't be skiing in the morning. And tune your skis... the hill will be a sheet of ice for the rest of the season.